Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: What's Happening With the Lawsuit?  (Read 122040 times)

Ozzie

Re: What's Happening With the Lawsuit?
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2008, 09:42:10 PM »

They didn't want to reveal who bought what, I assume.

Or is that they did not want to reveal who got the freebies? You know, those half dozen to a dozen they gave away every year? I am told it worked something like this: the bigger your wallet, the better your chances of getting a "gift". Were they marketing lose leaders?

Now those would be the orders worth getting your hands on.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Interesting thoughts. It just seems so very strange that they would want to keep that type of information 'CONFIDENTIAL' unless there was something there that would expose them?  :oops:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Cindy

• Veteran Member
  • "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good"
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2008, 05:27:04 AM »

Bob has been busy collecting documents from his recent field excursion and that will lead to news releases next week and well beyond.

According to what it looks like Danny testified under oath in court, he believes that he lost his vision by 1996 or 1998. Kind of sad I think.

1. The readers should be able to see what things look like for themselves. Where is the quote of Danny Shelton testifying under oath in court, "that he believes he lost his vision by 1996 or 1998"?

2. How is this even related to Pickle's recent field excursion?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 05:34:42 AM by Ian »

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2008, 06:54:57 AM »

Is it possible that the entire 1800 pages of transcript will now be available for your reading pleasure?

Patience, my dear. The public record will be public. Each to make their own conclusions. And of course we have REAL legal opinions from REAL judges.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2008, 07:02:06 AM »

Quote from: Nick Miller questioning Danny Shelton
Q. Do you get any retirement benefits?

A. No. No, I don't.

Q. Do you get any housing benefits?

A. No, no.

Quote from: Nick Miller questioning Danny Shelton about Linda Shelton
Q.     Does she get any retirement benefits?

A.     No.

Quote from: Danny Shelton answering Nick Miller
My wife and I have asked that we not get retirement. My Board has offered me retirement and I’ve always told tell them if I asked for retirement I’ve lost my vision for what I’m saying so, not to do that.

So it’s not been my Board’s fault that we don’t have it, ....

The only question left is whether it was in 1996 or 1998 that Danny Shelton asked the board to sell him that house dirt cheap so that he could build up equity for retirement.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2008, 07:06:26 AM »

There is another possibility, that Danny Shelton has taken classes from Bill Clinton. You know, the fellow who said, "I didn't have ___ with that woman," and who I'm told quibbled over the definition of "is."

So maybe Danny Shelton took his cue from Bill Clinton and would contend that 3ABN helping him build up equity for retirement is not a benefit, not a retirement benefit, and/or not a housing benefit. But his making nearly $129,000 in a single week off that 1998 house deal, I doubt anyone will buy or use that kind of reasoning, except maybe Walt Thompson or the 3ABN attorneys. I can't imagine anyone else contending that that wasn't a benefit, a retirement benefit, and/or a housing benefit.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2008, 07:07:18 AM »

Gailon, what are the implications of Danny Shelton saying something like this while on the witness stand and under oath? Can he get in trouble for saying something like this?

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2008, 08:03:23 AM »

Isn't that the definition of perjury???

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/perjury

NOTE:  I am not saying that I think Danny Shelton committed perjury.  I am simply asking a question.  Any who might need legal advice in this area should consult a licensed attorney.

:o

Gailon, what are the implications of Danny Shelton saying something like this while on the witness stand and under oath? Can he get in trouble for saying something like this?

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2008, 08:07:17 AM »

Why don't you post it for us, Ian?  I have come to rely on you for the posting of legal documents in this case.

Bob has been busy collecting documents from his recent field excursion and that will lead to news releases next week and well beyond.

According to what it looks like Danny testified under oath in court, he believes that he lost his vision by 1996 or 1998. Kind of sad I think.

1. The readers should be able to see what things look like for themselves. Where is the quote of Danny Shelton testifying under oath in court, "that he believes he lost his vision by 1996 or 1998"?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2008, 08:21:38 AM »

Has 3ABN invited Bill Clinton to speak on the 7th or 9th commandments for Ten Commandment Weekend?

If not, then to be consistent, 3ABN really ought to withdraw its invitation to Danny Shelton to be on the program, in light of the above testimony Danny gave under oath.

And unless the allegations against Tammy Chance have been cleared up, perhaps the invitation to her ought to be withdrawn as well.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2008, 09:35:57 PM »

Depends upon whether it was a material fact...since we were talking about tax exemption, I would suspect the case could be made that it was a material fact. If it was a material fact then a case could be made that it would constitute perjury. Is that the answer you were looking for? We could re-inforce that with some definitions and case-law if you like.

Now dod I understand they used Danny as the cleanup batter here?

Oh, my, there we go again!!! Well, better document it or they could sue us for even more. Oh, I got ahead of myself, you already did that. Well, word has they will sue for more anyway!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2008, 09:44:27 PM »

Why don't you post it for us, Ian?  I have come to rely on you for the posting of legal documents in this case.

Snoopy, would you please not be so confrontational with Ian...we do not want her to pick up her marbles and go home... We want to convert her. Besides, I have come to really appreciate her intuitive statements and questions. Adds a bit of spice to the conversation. She will come around with time. They all do, you know. The truth will set you free!!! It is also very enlightening.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2008, 10:10:37 PM »

Confrontational???  NOT SNOOPY!!    :puppykisses:

Please accept my most profoundest puppy apologies!!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2008, 10:21:07 PM »

Confrontational???  NOT SNOOPY!!    :puppykisses:

Please accept my most profoundest puppy apologies!!!!

Now you have done it...nothing I hate more than being licked on the face by a dog!!!
(Don't let Linda know).

GAJ

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2008, 06:09:06 AM »

Now dod I understand they used Danny as the cleanup batter here?

Danny is the first one to testify in the transcript. Linda is followed only by Cynthia Humm.

Cindy

• Veteran Member
  • "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good"
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2008, 09:12:18 AM »

Quote from: Nick Miller questioning Danny Shelton
Q. Do you get any retirement benefits?

A. No. No, I don't.

Q. Do you get any housing benefits?

A. No, no.

Quote from: Nick Miller questioning Danny Shelton about Linda Shelton
Q.     Does she get any retirement benefits?

A.     No.

Quote from: Danny Shelton answering Nick Miller
My wife and I have asked that we not get retirement. My Board has offered me retirement and I’ve always told tell them if I asked for retirement I’ve lost my vision for what I’m saying so, not to do that.

So it’s not been my Board’s fault that we don’t have it, ....

The only question left is whether it was in 1996 or 1998 that Danny Shelton asked the board to sell him that house dirt cheap so that he could build up equity for retirement.

Dear Readers,

I would disagree. I think there are many questions here. Some that immediatly come to my mind are these.

1. Did, or do  Danny and Linda Shelton have a retirement plan with their employer the corporation 3ABN?
      a. and if so, where has this been paid into, or recorded? b. if not, why bring up perjury?

2. Did 3ABN give them free, or subsidised housing? or did a donor give them a lifetime interest and home?

3. Is building equity for your own retirement the same as receiving retirement from your employer?

4. How much was the lifetime interest that both Danny and Linda Shelton already had in the house in they lived in, worth?

5. what was the remainder interest in the house worth?

6.. Is purchasing something/anything from your employer considered a excess benefit, or the same as receiving a retirement benefit??

7.Do answers to the above support this explanation and answer given by the Chairman of the board? Why, or why not??

Source: attached pdf file- document submitted by Robert Pickle
On 07/17/07  Walter Thompson wrote:

Dear J_____,

Thank you for your email expressing your questions and concerns. We appreciate hearing from our viewers and donors, and being given an opportunity to respond.

The property transfer to which you refer was properly executed by an attorney who served on our board at the time, and was employed by a NAD confernce and writing such documents. In brief, it was a situation where a donor made a gift to 3ABN with a lifetime interest for herself and for Danny and Linda. In other words, the house was theirs to use as long as they should live. When Danny and Linda decided they wanted to build a house and build up equity toward the day when they should no longer work, they requested the opportunity to purchase their lifetime interest in the property as determined by legal statistical tables calculated to determine the worth of the property at the statistical time of their death.

7. Is this uncited, quoted statement which Mr Pickle offers as proof of his allegation:

"My wife and I have asked that we not get retirement. My Board has offered me retirement and I’ve always told tell them if I asked for retirement I’ve lost my vision for what I’m saying so, not to do that.  So it’s not been my Board’s fault that we don’t have it."

actually proof? or the same as what Mr Pickle previously claimed/posted: " it looks like Danny testified under oath in court, he believes that he lost his vision by 1996 or 1998."

I'm sure there are many more questions, but when considering what is claimed here, these are included in the relevant ones which deserve answers and consideration, (in my mind) before I myself accept something as factual   just because someone says/posts it.

edited to correct typo/date
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 02:19:02 PM by Ian »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up