Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: What's Happening With the Lawsuit?  (Read 122043 times)

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: What's Happening With the Lawsuit?
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2008, 05:05:35 PM »

Have to clear that question with Bob. I would guess sum of it will get the full Monte.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Can hardly wait. Progress at last? We all need to remember to keep praying about this.  :praying:

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2008, 09:16:03 PM »

The end result of this discussion was that Bob Pickle filed a motion to compel and asked for sanctions against 3ABN.

Cindy, Do note that I filed the motion to compel and for sanctions on December 14, they filed their motion for a protective order on December 18, and the emails you posted all were written and sent in January. You thus are mistaken about the time line.

GrammieT

« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2008, 09:24:54 PM »

No new posts about 3ABN is probably due to the semi-private areas where discussion continues.

However, I think it's good to keep on with information in this public area also.

How does one get into these 'semi-private' areas?   :dunno:  What is the criteria being used to determine who gets in and who does not?  I've asked but have not received an answer.  Do I hafta play kissy-face  :puppykisses: with somebody??

GrammieT

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2008, 09:25:32 PM »

Bob has been busy collecting documents from his recent field excursion and that will lead to news releases next week and well beyond.

According to what it looks like Danny testified under oath in court, he believes that he lost his vision by 1996 or 1998. Kind of sad I think.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2008, 09:37:16 PM »

No new posts about 3ABN is probably due to the semi-private areas where discussion continues.

However, I think it's good to keep on with information in this public area also.

How does one get into these 'semi-private' areas?   :dunno:  What is the criteria being used to determine who gets in and who does not?  I've asked but have not received an answer.  Do I hafta play kissy-face  :puppykisses: with somebody??

GrammieT

GrammieT,

You need to be a "junior member" to get access - 6 posts gets you there!

GrammieT

« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2008, 10:01:50 PM »

GrammieT

GrammieT,

You need to be a "junior member" to get access - 6 posts gets you there!

:TY: Snoopy!

But how do I know when I have 6 posts?  And can they be anywhere on Advent Talk or on those topics I wish to see? These are probably dumb questions, but maybe others want to know too?

:purr: GrammieT

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2008, 10:07:47 PM »

:TY: Snoopy!

But how do I know when I have 6 posts?  And can they be anywhere on Advent Talk or on those topics I wish to see? These are probably dumb questions, but maybe others want to know too?

:purr: GrammieT

Nope - not dumb questions at all!!  They can be anywhere in AT, I believe.  And you have 3 posts - it says that right below your name just to the left of your posts.

GrammieT

« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2008, 10:15:36 PM »

:oops: That got posted twice.  I'm not havin a good nite in some ways.

:thumbsup: Thanks, Snoopy for your kind answer to my questions.  I knew I had seen the number someplace but didn't remember where.

Duh-h-h ;)

GrammieT

reader

« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2008, 11:03:59 PM »

:) Thanks to those who have posted since the silence for a few days.  It seems that many do not know or refuse to believe the information about
3ABN around where I live. I pray that the Lord will open all hearts so that His love can be in control of all work done in the name of SDA.

Ozzie

« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2008, 11:17:04 PM »

:) Thanks to those who have posted since the silence for a few days.  It seems that many do not know or refuse to believe the information about
3ABN around where I live. I pray that the Lord will open all hearts so that His love can be in control of all work done in the name of SDA.

I can understand any frustration you may feel about this Reader. I have objected to 3abn being promoted within our Church, and one would think that I am Judas reincarnated or perhaps that I'm a carrier of bubonic plague.  :scratch:

Seems to me that there is still a belief that the 'anointed one' would not do anything wrong, but if he made a little slip up, we should 'protect' him from those evil people out there, who are trying to expose the sin within the camp. Are there many out there who are still finding this still to be the case?  :dunno:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Johann

« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2008, 04:19:57 AM »

Scripture was not far off when Jesus proclaimed a prophet is not appreciated in his own country.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 03:03:20 PM by Johann »

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2008, 02:46:24 PM »

I can understand any frustration you may feel about this Reader. I have objected to 3abn being promoted within our Church, and one would think that I am Judas reincarnated or perhaps that I'm a carrier of bubonic plague.  :scratch:

Seems to me that there is still a belief that the 'anointed one' would not do anything wrong, but if he made a little slip up, we should 'protect' him from those evil people out there, who are trying to expose the sin within the camp. Are there many out there who are still finding this still to be the case?  :dunno:

In at least one place I know of where 3ABN has long been a credible source of church doctrine, it was losing a little favor in some quarters, but now appears to be roaring back with new features people are happy about...not necessarily anything about DS himself, but just 3ABN in general.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2008, 08:01:30 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Bob Pickle at 04:30:19 PM
In the tax case the state/etc. asked for filled out forms for satellite system orders. 3ABN objected on the grounds that that info was confidential.

The state/etc. sought a protective order so they could get the info, and lost. All the7y ended up with was blank forms.

Then while Danny was on the stand, Atty. Rhoades was trying to admit into evidence those forms. Nick Miller objected because the forms had to be filled out in order to be admitted into evidence. So Rhoades explained that they had tried to get filled out forms and had been prohibited from doing so.

Judge Rowe had mercy on poor Rhoades, and allowed the blank form to be admitted into evidence.

I can see how filled out forms would have been relevant. I think the state/etc. wanted all such forms. They could then have better determined whether 3ABN was oeprating with a view to profit or not.

Are you telling me that 3ABN objected to a confidentiality order? One must wonder just what was in those records that makes them confidential enough to keep them from being entered into the record.

GAJ

How could revealing the contents of satellite system order forms cause them any problem?

"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2008, 08:11:05 PM »

They didn't want to reveal who bought what, I assume.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2008, 09:01:44 PM »

They didn't want to reveal who bought what, I assume.

Or is that they did not want to reveal who got the freebies? You know, those half dozen to a dozen they gave away every year? I am told it worked something like this: the bigger your wallet, the better your chances of getting a "gift". Were they marketing lose leaders?

Now those would be the orders worth getting your hands on.

Gailon Arthur Joy
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up