Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Wanted: Chief Financial Officer - factually challenging position  (Read 38624 times)

Ozzie

One of the great problems in modern Adventism is that we have abrogated Justice and adopted a false religion of unlimited Mercy. This is fatal and it's affects are clearly being felt by a church that is racked by one mess after another. The book Who Watches? Who cares? reviews just seven of these examples but the lessons and their longterm impact still haunt us today.

I have heard it said that attitudes and practices in the church swing like a pendulum historically between either too liberal or too legalistic. 

It is hard to find a happy medium.

How do we find the answer to this perpetual problem? I see a situation now, where everything id 'Grace-centred' to the extent that practically 'anything goes', and as I seem to be hitting my head up against a brick wall, I don't know which way to turn. :dunno:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

bonnie

• Veteran Member

One of the great problems in modern Adventism is that we have abrogated Justice and adopted a false religion of unlimited Mercy. This is fatal and it's affects are clearly being felt by a church that is racked by one mess after another. The book Who Watches? Who cares? reviews just seven of these examples but the lessons and their longterm impact still haunt us today.

I have heard it said that attitudes and practices in the church swing like a pendulum historically between either too liberal or too legalistic. 

It is hard to find a happy medium.

How do we find the answer to this perpetual problem? I see a situation now, where everything id 'Grace-centred' to the extent that practically 'anything goes', and as I seem to be hitting my head up against a brick wall, I don't know which way to turn. :dunno:

But if you weren't hitting your head against that brick wall, you would never know how good it feels when you finally give up :ROFL: and accept any and all in the name of ???? you pick the term
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Ozzie

But if you weren't hitting your head against that brick wall, you would never know how good it feels when you finally give up :ROFL: and accept any and all in the name of ???? you pick the term

Point taken Bonnie!  :dogwag:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
Re: Help Wanted: Chief Financial Officer - factually challenging position
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2008, 08:54:08 PM »

According to the September 2008 3ABN World magazine, pg 41, 3ABN ex-CFO Larry Ewing is still very much involved with 3ABN.  Now, his "watchful eye" keeps track of the activities of the new production truck in Canada and the northwestern United Stsates.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2008, 09:06:00 PM »

It is interesting that the 2006 Form 990 was scanned by the IRS on June 27, 2007.

Yet here we are in the latter half of September and still no 2007 Form 990.  I wonder what the hold up could be...

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2008, 01:20:31 PM »

It is interesting that the 2006 Form 990 was scanned by the IRS on June 27, 2007.

Yet here we are in the latter half of September and still no 2007 Form 990.  I wonder what the hold up could be...

Maybe, since they have been so completely "exonerated" they need to restate a few items??? After all they are absolutely "perfect", except when it comes to restating all the errors in the returns, back how many years? And that just to "perfect" all those returns!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2008, 06:26:08 PM »

I wonder if the audit report is complete yet.  Maybe they are trying to figure out how to comply with FASB 5.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2008, 06:48:14 PM »

I wonder if the audit report is complete yet.  Maybe they are trying to figure out how to comply with FASB 5.

And does Hamilton know what FASB 5  is and how it applies to a non-profit? Doubt it!!!

GAJoy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up