Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Subpoena Issued for Advent Talk Information  (Read 63471 times)

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
Re: Subpoena Issued for Advent Talk Information
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2008, 04:25:30 PM »

It seems that Stan has moved his discussion about us and BSDA behind closed doors, which I can't access.  Can anybody else here access it there?

It seems that what has happened here has prompted a topic over at Club Adventist:

http://clubadventist.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/161050#Post161050

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2008, 04:32:38 PM »

I can. You can also for signing up and I think the first month is a 1.00
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2008, 04:39:58 PM »

It may be that having acess to that forum prohibits you from releasing any information from there. The intent is to hide the conversation from those not having acess.

The more that gets said the more convoluted this gets. Why would those that so strongly condemn anyone that has an interest and concern regarding an org that represents the SDA denomination take part, make possible, go from forum to forum making sure to catch the latest. Seems several are doing this. Remarks concerning a anonymous poster that shows more tha a passing knowledge of the name used. Those that are so appalled that anyone would discuss know more about what a certain poster has said than I do. Prior to this I have been to blacksda maybe three times. Not so for those that abhore gossip.
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2008, 06:32:51 PM »

Well, I am not about to pay any $$$ to them to find out what they are saying about us there.

Knight

« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2008, 07:29:37 PM »

I abhor what the 3ABN lawyers are doing but I have a question for Daryl

Our own rule says
14 - The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.

Seems to me that our private info is not safe here if adventtalk was served asking for the private info of people here either.

inga

• The Sabbath School Network
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2008, 09:56:57 PM »

The thread has been moved to "Natter Matters," which may not be accessible to casual surfers:
http://clubadventist.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/161050/fpart/2

No posts have been removed. Stan even suggested that folks contribute to Calvin's PayPal account, even while he said he did not necessarily approve of what the posters wrote.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 10:12:33 PM by inga »
Visit http://ssnet.org The Sabbath School Network to see our new look and much more content. And leave us a message. :)

Ozzie

« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2008, 02:59:35 AM »

Some interesting information has been posted on C/A by Bruce Nelson(cyberguy) that may be of use to some

Bruce nelson said......I noticed that Many people are rushing to put in Hotmail Email accounts who are on the list. This will do no good. The forum registers the Email you registered with as well as the Email you are using. Plus the IPs you use. People should have registered with a hotmail.com Email to begin with and used a handle and then used some service that hides their IP address like Torpark.com which uses a modified Firefox to link through servers thoughout the world to hide ones ID. This will make it almost impossible to trace.

Interesting that the word Many is captilized. I, for one could not tell you who, besides myself have changed to a hotmail account.  I changed mine because of the nutcases that can crawl out of the wood work and have the ability to hide their identity to contact with less than desirable e-mails. Has happened to many times in the past and have little patience any longer trying to deal with that.
In anticipation of such conduct again I changed mine. Not because of DS or 3ABN. They already had mine I am sure, and as have said nothing to indicate I am in possession of secrets or know of any alleged wrong doing, I really don't care. It is those holding the coats and circling the wagons I wish to avoid.
Why would anyone take the time to keep track as to what many have listed for e-mail contact and then to know Many have changed their contact info.
Those that are so incensed over what they consider gossip seem to be keeping very close tabs on the gossip they pretend to abhore. "Oh, Thank You God I am not like they are" comes to mind.

Interesting to see the name of such a supposedly knowledgable person (regarding email addies of AT members), crop up. Haven't heard of him for some time, but the name sure brings back some very unpleasant memories. Know all. Know nothing? :scratch:

Yes. Quite an apt quote regarding "Oh, Thank You God I am not like they are".
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2008, 03:19:18 AM »

:welcome: to Advent Talk.

I must say that I find this to be an interesting first post.

The key words here are ".....reserve the right....."

It is simply a protection to the owner/s of this forum in the event that all avenues have been exhausted to withhold this type of information.
I abhor what the 3ABN lawyers are doing but I have a question for Daryl

Our own rule says
14 - The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.

Seems to me that our private info is not safe here if adventtalk was served asking for the private info of people here either.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2008, 04:16:01 AM »

Interesting to see the name of such a supposedly knowledgable person (regarding email addies of AT members), crop up. Haven't heard of him for some time, but the name sure brings back some very unpleasant memories. Know all. Know nothing? :scratch:

Yes. Quite an apt quote regarding "Oh, Thank You God I am not like they are". [/b]

Amazing. I bet most of us here on AT couldn't tell you "Many". I have no idea what e-mail addies anyone had posted prior to this and changed. Seems some very close tabs are kept by some that have no interest.
Wonder what would happen if all these people had an interest in what they abhore and beat their chest over.

Knight

« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2008, 08:19:16 AM »

Daryl

Why don't you move advent talk to a canadian server rather than a server in the USA. At least then 3ABN will have to deal with Canidian law.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2008, 11:57:24 AM »

That may have been a good idea, however, it's probably too late to bother even thinking about doing that now.

Knight

« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2008, 01:25:15 PM »

Daryl

I know that is true for the past but I am thinking of the future. It is obvious we cannot talk about 3ABN while within the jurisdiction of the USA which has oppressive libel laws and large punitive damages laws. Many will not discuss this at all if they fear possible retaliation from 3ABN. Maybe by moving we can at least carry on the discussion beyond their reach. Or at least make it more difficult for them in the future.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2008, 06:44:13 PM »

Daryl

I know that is true for the past but I am thinking of the future. It is obvious we cannot talk about 3ABN while within the jurisdiction of the USA which has oppressive libel laws and large punitive damages laws. Many will not discuss this at all if they fear possible retaliation from 3ABN. Maybe by moving we can at least carry on the discussion beyond their reach. Or at least make it more difficult for them in the future.

Knight,  :welcome:  to AdventTalk!

Regarding the emphasized portion above, perhaps it would be well for you to speak only for yourself since a number of us here at AdventTalk have been discussing 3ABN and continue to do so in the face of the "oppressive libel laws".

Perhaps it is only that you don't understand the ramifications of what you are asking Daryl to do.

I agree with Daryl that your first post here on this forum, and also your second and third ones are rather interesting.

Anyway, continue on, and it is nice to have you here. 
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2008, 09:12:50 PM »

Daryl

And just what "oppressive libel laws" do you refer to? Have you forgotten about the First Amendment? Can you find a comparable statute or article within either the Federal or Provincial "laws"?

One is far safer in the United States of America and it would be far easier to defend and to counterattack against such frivolous suites within the Federal System. Time and discovery is always on the side of the defenders. Gripe sites have specific protection under federal case law as well as statute.

You would be ill advised to give them venue in Canada.

The thing to do is to coalesce into a group or class and defend as well as offend when it is is appropriate.

Remember, THESE COLORS DO NOT RUN!!! And certainly not in the face of tyrants!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Knight

« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2008, 12:38:48 AM »

You have some valid points Joy.  Unfortunately in the USA those with the gold makes the rules. That has been proven painfully true over and over again.  It would be great if you could get a rich patron on your side. Unfortunately I am not one of those. You mentioned first amendment rights. Unfortunately those with the most gold can just outlast those with less money. By delaying and delaying and appeals after appeal until the poorer side just settles and runs out of money. I have seen this happen way to often.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up